Crisis, the Countdown RPG
A downloadable game
Crisis is a roleplaying game of escalating stakes racing against disaster to tell a story. Players define the margins and color in the major points at the beginning of the session, and explore those plots, people, and places in detail during the scenes themselves. Each scene features a player character designated the Protagonist whose story is told for that scene. Another player is their Foil, putting obstacles in their way to test them and show all of us what they are capable of. In this way, every player is both a character and a game master.
These challenges are resolved without dice by raising the stakes and pushing back against each other until a satisfying conclusion presents itself. At the end of every scene, one of the crises lurking on the horizon comes a step closer to fruition as clocks tick closer to doom, lending an urgency to the scenes as disaster is always an option.
The release version contains new art from Aaron Radney, updated mechanics that put the focus back on the impending deadline, and comes bundled with rules for creating your own scenarios.
- Character and setting creation guidelines
- Full rules to play a one-shot session of Crisis lasting between 3 and 6 hours. Diceless, GMless, with players alternating scenes as protagonists and gamemasters framing scenes for their fellow players.
- Three scenarios in different genres to explore the mechanics of Crisis: sci-fi aboard a failing generation ship, weird west when the Devil wants his due, and a new airship fantasy adventure escaping pirates and sky serpents.
- The primary pdf is the game formatted for viewing on a screen.
- The No Background version makes at-home printing easier and has better contrast for reading.
- Making Your Own Scenario provides insight in how to build your own custom adventures.
- The BITE upgrade provides a fourth scenario making use of the social deduction party game's hidden role cards. Role descriptions and a print-at-home version of cards are included if you don't have a copy of the game.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you are experiencing poverty or marginalized access to the gaming community, select this reward to claim a free community copy of the game.
Community Copy Donation
Purchase at or above the minimum price to make a copy of the game available for free to someone else in need. Purchasing in multiple of $10 will provide additional copies to the pool.
You will also get a copy of the game.
If you purchase at this level, not only will you provide 4 community copies to the pool, you will also receive a physical copy of BITE, the social deduction party game of hidden monsters. The hidden role cards are used in the BITE upgrade scenario for Crisis.
Shipping anywhere in the continental United States is included in this reward price. For international shipping, contact Nerdhaus Games in advance to work out shipping and final price.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.